Monday, June 14, 2010

Technostamper sketch

I used Mary Jo's sketch this week for this card.  I was playing with some background techniques and thought I would use some of the paper for this card.

Supplies:
Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White card stock
Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke classic inks and reinkers
Perfect Details Texturz plate
Big Shot
Elements of Style Stamp set
1/4 inch navy grosgrain ribbon

I am not sure if there is a name for what I did with the background, but I will try to explain it :)  I took a page protector and cut the edge so it would open.  Then on one side I randomly added the three colors of reinkers, sprayed with water and closed the protector to blend them.  Next I placed 2 sheets of Whisper White card stock in the folder, closed it and used my brayer to make sure the papers were covered completely.  Kind of messy, but fun!

1 comment:

MJ said...

This used to be one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid, what fun memories, fun technique. Your card turned out fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!