I made this for a featured stamper challenge on our demonstrator community. These folders are so fun to play with and while these will be retiring since they include retiring colors, I sure hope that we will have some with a different design in the new catalog.
One of the things I love about My Digital Studio is that even if something retires from the catalog, we can still use it digitally if it was offered as a digital download (and we purchased it from Stampin' Up)! This Sweet Pea Designer Series paper is one of the paper packs that I really would miss so I am so glad we were able to add it to the My Digital Studio! I will be using it for lots of projects :)
I made this for a challenge at Soul Scrappers, we needed to use a specific number of lots of different elements. It was probably one of the most time consuming pages I have made because it took me a long time to figure out where to put all the different elements!
Maddie loves to go to the doctor and given the number of visits she has had to have due to her stroke, that is amazing. These pages are from a couple of trips to Meritcare for restraint casts and botox shots. The Children's wing at Meritcare is decorated so cute, we had to take some pictures of it when we were there.
I used Tall Tales Designer Series paper, Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Old Olive and So Saffron card stock and inks. Fresh Favorites II buttons, Rich Regals brads, Curly Label Punch, Modern Label punch and the Enjoy every Moment Stamp set.
I put this page together for a challenge on Soul Scrappers where we were asked to use things around the house on a page. I had some torn flashcards, paper clips, old buttons, a picture Maddie colored for me, and popsicle sticks to add.
Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Crushed Curry, Real Red card stock
Elementary Essentials, Crayon alphabet stamp sets
Brilliant Blue, Crushed Curry, Real Red classic ink
I am so excited to be a part of the VC Rocks Blog Hop, it is a first for me :) I just love this group - so many wonderful ideas and Fun, Fun, Fun!!
I decided to share a card that also includes a little gift - a bookmark. Some of the colors that I used will be retiring (a couple that I will really miss!) as we move into our Color Renovation July 1st.
Big Shot 113439
Two Tags Die 115954
Stampin' Up! Texturz Plate Perfect Details 115962
Standard Texturz Impressions Pad 114614
1 3/8 inch circle punch 104401
1 1/4 inch circle punch 104403
Word Window punch 105090
Modern Label punch 116630
Eyelet Border Punch 113692
Greenhouse Garden 113824
Trendy Trees 113258
Barely Banana 101170
Pale Plum 102732
Mellow Moss 102774
Whisper White 100730
1 - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch piece scored in the middle and folded
1 - 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece
Mellow Moss 102898
1 - 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece
1 - 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inch piece (for bookmark)
Barely Banana 102701
1 - 5 x 3 3/4 inch piece
Pale Plum 101658
1 - 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece
Snail adhesive 104332
Whisper White taffeta ribbon 109070
1. Take your piece of 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch pale plum and use the eyelet border punch along one edge.
2. Using the same piece of pale plum, sandwich your cardstock in the Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz plate and run through. Then, take the piece of Barely Banana and do the same.
3. Next, cut the base of the bookmark with the Two Tags Die using the 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inch piece of Mellow Moss.
4. On a scrap of Whisper White card stock, stamp a flower image and its accent from the Greenhouse Garden set using Barely Banana Classic ink as the flower base and Pale Plum classic ink as the accent. Punch out using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. Next take a scrap of Pale Plum card stock and punch a circle using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch. Layer with snail adhesive and set aside.
5. Using another scrap of Whisper White card stock, stamp a sentiment from the Trendy Trees stamp set with Mellow Moss Classic ink. Punch out using the word window punch. Then, take a scrap of Mellow Moss card stock and punch an image using the Modern Label punch. Layer with snail adhesive and set aside.
6. Using the largest accent image from the Greenhouse Garden stamp set and Mellow Moss classic ink, stamp images randomly on the bookmark you made with the Two Tags die. Adhere the circles you set aside earlier using snail adhesive. Then, take the Whisper White taffeta ribbon and tie a knot around the bookmark.
7. Next, take your 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamp flower images and accents using the Greenhouse Garden stamp set and Mellow Moss, Barely Banana and Pale Plum classic inks.
8. Adhere the 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece of Pale Plum cardstock to the top of the Whisper White cardstock you just stamped on. Then, turn it over and place adhesive on three sides, leaving the top without so that the bookmark will be able to slide in behind it. Attach to the bottom of the Barely Banana cardstock.
9. Attach the sentiment to the bottom right corner of the piece. Then, layer the Barely Banana piece onto the 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of Mellow Moss card stock and finally onto the folded card base.
10. Last, place the bookmark in the pocket of the card.
This is another example before it has been attached to a card base.
I hope you enjoyed this project! Next on the blog hop is Mimi to Jet . If you would like to go back to the main page, go to the VC Rocks blog. Have a wonderful day!
I really love cards made with the masking techniques and thought I would try a circle one. I just used a scrap of paper that I had cut a circle from with the Circle Scissors plus and used that as the guide.
Whisper White card stock
Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue. Always Artichoke, So Saffron classic inks and markers
Create with Connie and Mary has a party favor challenge up right now so I thought I would try something fun. There is a drink packet in the pouch that hangs on the water bottle and a bookmarker in the scallop envelope. Both were made with the two tags die.
Tea Party Designer Series Paper
Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White card stock