Friday, June 17, 2011

CCMC155 and Color Inspiration 159

I decided to combine a couple challenges on this card using the Create with Connie and Mary sketch and the Stamping 411 color combination.


 I used Extreme Skateboard, Grunge Rock and Extreme Elements stamp sets and the Perfect Polka Dots impressions folder, 3" circle die and the scallop oval frame die.



Normally, I would stamp before I use and impressions folder, but this time I did it afterward.  I also used some of the Presto Patterns specialty paper and sponged it with Not Quite Navy before I folded and stapled for a different look.


8 comments:

Stacey said...

This card is so cool! You did such a wonderful job with both challenges! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Fabulous use of the challenge colors. I love how you've used the scallop circle for the sketch. Great use of the presto paper too. Super job--thanks for playing along at Create with Connie & Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

I like the "dirty" spots on your card. So perfect with the skateboarder! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

Love, love, LOVE this!! I am SO going to miss these extreme stamps! I love what you did the stamps and colors and papers and textures to give it that real "grunge" look! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

This is really a great boy card. I like the grunge look and the way you tucked the scalloped oval frame behind the focal image. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Great card, Kris! Love all the grunge elements to it! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

That designer paper treatment is to die for! I love all the little details you've added on this one. Thanks for sharing your creation at CCMC this week.

Mary Brown said...

WOW...what a FABULOUS masculine card. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that dsp treatment....WOWSA!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!