Saturday, July 9, 2011

VC Rocks Blog Hop

Welcome  to the VC Rocks Blog Hop!  You may have come from Brenda Hugar's blog and you can go back to the master list at the VC Rocks blog at any time. 

This month's blog hop theme is anything but a card so I thought I would share a couple fun projects. 

The first is one I saw on our demonstrator website and thought I would try it out with a different die along with the one the demonstrator, Nicole Slaubaugh used.  Hers was created using the Matchbox die and you can see I added a couple butterflies and basic rhinestones to the top of mine.


Before you put your card stock through the Big Shot, you need to use some fabric and glue stick and cover the card stock.  Then, when you place the card stock on your die, make sure the card stock side is next to the die, not the fabric side. I used the Springtime Vintage fabric on these  two boxes.



On the second box I used the Box #2 die and that piece of cardstock is covered completely with fabric. The boxes both were very easy to work with.


Finally, I just decorated with some flowers and butterflies (Beautiful Butterflies Die, Beautiful wings embosslit and Fun Flowers Die) and added some fun little embellishments (basic rhinestones and vintage flower adornments).

Supplies:
Very Vanilla card, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Pear Pizzazz card stock
sticky strip
Springtime Vintage fabric
glue stick
Matchbox Die
Box #2 die
Big Shot
Fun Flowers Die
Beautiful Butterflies Die
Beautiful wings embosslit
dimensionals
basic rhinestones
vintage flower adornments
River Rock stitched ribbon (retired)
Vintage Trinkets
Victoria crochet trim ribbon

The next project I am going to share is just made with a shadow box frame as the base, this one is an 8" x 8" frame.  I embossed the flower image from the Elements of Style stamp set on two corners of some Presto Patterns Specialty paper (now retired) and then brayered Bashful Blue ink all over the paper.   



The background piece is Night of Navy that has been run through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impressions folder and distressed a little bit.  This is what it looks like outside the frame.



And a close up...or two :)



The color spritzer and Night of Navy marker added some more texture to the base paper and I sponged everything else with Bashful Blue classic ink and some Champagne Mist shimmer paint. 

Supplies:
Presto Patterns specialty paper
Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Whisper White card stock
Elements of Style, Faith in Nature stamp sets
Big Shot
Vintage Wallpaper impressions folder
versamark
white embossing powder
brayer
color spritzer tool
Champagne Mist shimmer paint
sponge dauber
library clips
music notes wheel
antique brads
white taffeta ribbon
sticky strip
snail adhesive

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the projects... now you can go and see what Kristi Jaenisch has in store for you.





18 comments:

MJ said...

Wonderful projects! I love the fabric covered boxes. Great idea. Also the frame is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I really like your projects. I'll definitely be casing the fabric box idea. Oh, and all of the details in your frame insert were great!

Ria Blackwell

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful projects! I'm going to have to break down and buy some fabric now that I've seen what you can do without sewing! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow!! I love your projects!!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

gorgeous projects, Kris, thanks so much for sharing.

Carey said...

Fantastic job!!


Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Anonymous said...

wonderful projects, I just love your blog....

Brenda said...

What great ideas -- fabric boxes. I'm going to have to try this!

creations by jackie said...

Love your projects and thanks for the great tip on how to run them thru our wonderful Big Shot. Thanks for sharing.

StamperShirley said...

Very nice projects, and your versatility in using the SU products is great! Thanx for sharing your creativity.

Patrice Herrera said...

I can't believe you used fabric on the boxes I was just amazed at how wonderful it looks. And that Shadow Box is out of this world. Lots of detail! Now that's what I call eye candy!

Lorita said...

Love the projects and that you used fabric on them. Will definitely have to try that

Krafting Karen said...

beautiful artwork! Great use of fabric.

Sue Root said...

Great projects! I like how you used the fabric with the box dies.

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT idea! TFS!
Marisol Gutierrez

Nichole Loe said...

Beautiful projects!! I love how you used the fabric!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

How fun, to see all the views of your beautiful projects, Kris! The matchboxes are my favorite--just the thing to hold a tiny treasure. . . .

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful work! Fabric in the big shot - great idea.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!