Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bouquet of Flowers

 
I had such a better picture in my head before I started creating this project....the biggest issue came with covering the paper mache flower pot.  I couldn't figure out how to wrap dsp around it and keep it level so I though, why don't I try a spray adhesive and attach the tea lace paper doilies...that didn't quite turn out like I planned.

 
I used some distressed fancy flower punch flowers and boho blossom punch flowers to try to cover the doilies up and also wrapped some 3/4" Pear Pizzazz chevron ribbon around the top part of the pot.
 
 
Inside the pot, there is a 4" foam ball that I used to attach the completed flowers to with hot glue.

 
I added some "leaves" of ribbon with stick pins to fill in any empty spots and then used some dazzling details to the centers and some of the petals of the flowers.

 
Some of the flowers use one die cut piece, some two and others three.  There are a few variegated flowers created by using more than one color die cut together.

 
Needless to say, it took a little time to wrap all those flowers.  Before I try something like this again, I will have to figure out a better idea for the pot decoration!

 
Supplies:
Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White card stock
Spiral flower originals doe
fancy flower punch
boho blossoms punch
in color boutique details
basic rhinestones
3/4" Pear Pizzazz chevron ribbon
tea lace paper doilies
dazzling details
 
post signature

1 comment:

Patti said...

Beautiful bouquet of flowers. And the colors are so cheerful.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!