Monday, March 24, 2014

Keep Me in Your Heart

 
The Late Night Stampers challenge starting today is Spring flowers or colors and when I think of spring I think of tulips so...
 

I found another fun thing to alter on my trip to the craft store a little while ago.  This is just a piece of wood, about 1/4" thick that I added some specialty paper to and decorated.
 

 
The saying is another one that I found on Pinterest and had pinned - I thought it was a sweet one! 

 
To get the Naturals Composition specialty paper to the correct size for this shape, I just traced the outline on the back side of the specialty paper and cut it out.  It is attached with sticky strip and then to remove any imperfections in the cutting, I sanded down the corners.

 
It is a little difficult to see, but for the Crushed Curry tulips, I colored them in with markers an then also colored another set and cut out the blossoms, adding them to the original piece with dimensionals to make them pop.

 
For these tulips, I used Primrose Petals and highlighted them with Cherry Cobbler.  Each set is also sponged on the edges with Soft Suede ink.

 
I had to add a little Essentials Wooden Element - they are just too much fun!  and I used a stamp from Hip Notes and some Soft Suede ink.
 
The background of the saying has some ink spritzed on it in various colors and also a few images from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.  Linen thread around the whole piece finishes off the elements of this creation - now to find a good place to put it!
 
Come on over and join us for the LNS challenge!
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!