Monday, May 12, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

 
Last week was Teacher Appreciation week at our schools and I always give out a packet of handmade cards to the females and try to come up with something else for the male teachers.  In my mind, I was using the Tag a Bag Gift Bags as the card holder...but when I went to put them together I only had one left.  So...I decided to figure out the dimensions and make a few similar ones out of designer series paper.

 
I used some of the 2012-2014 In Colors designer series paper stack for the bags cutting a piece down to 8 1/2" x 12".  Then, I scored the short side at 1" and the long side at 3 3/4" and 9".  Before I put it together, I cut off the two sides up to the 1" score lines.

 
They are decorated with some banners that I just cut with my scissors, tea lace paper doilies, gold baker's twine and a stamp that will be in a hostess set in the new catalog!

 
The stamp set is called Let your hair down and I used Baked Brown Sugar ink.

 
I did have one of the Tag a Bag chevron bags left so I used one of those as well. 

 
For the male teacher, I chose to use a Tag a Bag Gift box and filled it with Hershey's kisses (and a whole bag fits in the box perfectly). 

 
It is decorated using the same stamp, gold bakers twine, Tag a Bag accessories kit, and some sneak peek designer series paper called Lullaby.
 
Supplies:
Let your Hair Down
Baked Brown Sugar ink
Baked Brown Sugar Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White card stock
Lullaby dsp
2012-2014 in color dsp stack
gold baker's twine
Tag A Bag Gift Bag
Tag A Bag Gift Box
Tag A Bag Accessories Kit
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!