Monday, June 1, 2015

Bridal Shower Decorations

Now that the bridal shower I was asked to make decorations for is over, I can share some pictures with you. Ok well, a lot of pictures actually!  

 
I started with some mason jars that I painted with gray and yellow acrylic paint.  Next I added some White Jute ribbon around them and placed a Tea Lace Paper doily under a tissue paper flower.

 
The flowers are all layers of tissue paper that have been cut out with the Big Shot and the Circles framelits.  I did not have access to the Cotton paper that is in the new catalog at the time I made these or I would have tried that instead of the tissue paper.  I imagine the end result would have been pretty close to the same thing.

 
There are little tags hooked onto the kabob sticks that hold the flowers and each are stamped with a sentiment from the For the New Two stamp set.  The tags were created using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.

 
A side view of the painted jar...

 
I thought there should be something placed under the jars so I created a mat using different shades of yellow and gray and different embossing folders.  The pieces are attached to a piece of Whisper White card stock.

 
A table frame for the engagement photo had the same type of background as I used on the mats.

 
I had lots and lots of extra flowers so that they could be placed on the tables around the centerpieces to add more decoration and color.

 
For the banner, I used the Chalkboard Banner Simply Created Kit and cut the letters using a retired die called Serif Alphabet.

 
Each end had a tissue paper flower attached.

 
The chalkboard banner pieces were stamped with flower images from Mother's Love using white craft ink and yellow chalk ink. I added a few large rhinestones to some of the flowers as well.

 
It was a fun project to put together and since I did not attend the shower, I just set things up for pictures at home and it doesn't give the same effect as if it was set up for the shower. 
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!