Friday, June 26, 2015

Happy Thoughts

 
So this month I had a chance to open my Paper Pumpkin kit only a few days (instead of weeks) after it arrived and I had a lot of fun putting it together.  

 
The items in the kit were the only things I used except for a paper cutter and Calypso Coral and Wild Wasabi ink.  The rest of the items were already included and I actually had some left as well.

 
There are two styles of cards in the kit along with envelope liners for both style of card.  I actually used parts of one of the envelope liners and added them to a couple cards although when you look at the envelopes you wouldn't know that. 

 
It wasn't until I had placed all the Calypso Coral envelope liners in their envelopes that I thought about using the liners as accents so I only used the ones from the long envelopes.

 
The little circles on the card above are the punch outs from the flowers and I thought I might as well use them too!

 
This one is close to the original design except for the added stamped stars and placement of the wooden accent stars.

 
Another variation...

 
I like the idea of background stamping with a sentiment several times as you probably have noticed in some of my other projects so I tried that out on one of these as well.

 
The little banner sentiment is attached with 3 glue dots and bubbles up a little.  It was actually put there to cover up a smudged stamped image!

 
You can see part of an envelope liner on this one...

 
And these were the two original designs that were designed by Stampin' Up! and the kit directions explain how to create them.
 
Still haven't tried the Paper Pumpkin monthly surprises?  You can do it any time by tried a prepaid subscription here or going directly to the Paper Pumpkin site here.  Either way you should try it out!  :)
 
Stamps
Paper Pumpkin is a subscription kit program by Stampin’ Up! Each month a fully designed project kit arrives at your door filled with stamps, ink, and paper—everything cut and ready to go, so you can skip to the fun. You'll enjoy fun projects like cards, gift packaging, home décor, and more for just $19.95 a month (shipping included).
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!