Sunday, November 8, 2015

Wooden Trees

 
I was playing around with some wooden trees this past week decorating them with paint, stamps, paper, ribbon, embellishments, etc.  They are all a little different and decorated on both sides.  

 
I put them together in sets of threes for my craft show on Thursday and this one was the most popular, but they went over well. 

 
I used mod podge to adhere the designer and specialty papers to the wood and then added the embellishments with several different adhesives.

 
The ones that were stamped have Metallic ink, craft ink, Memento ink and regular ink on them, and they all seemed to work well.

 
The fine tip glue pen worked great for the little embellishments that didn't have adhesive on them already.

 
This is the back side of the set of trees above...

 
and a few different ones...

 
If I made these again, I might not paint them all, especially if I am stamping colors on them because the red ink doesn't really stand out too much on the flowers.

 
The lace trim around the outside of some of the trees was attached with small nails...

 
And a few more samples...

 
close up...

 
it is hard to see too easily, but there are basic pearls on some of the snowflakes below...

 
Supplies:
Reason for the Season, Holly Jolly Greetings
Metallic silver, Metallic gold, Craft White, Memento Black, Sahara Sand and Real Red ink
designer buttons
basic pearls
basic rhinestones
winter wonderland embellishments
gold sequin trim
trim lace ribbon
metal rimmed pearls
Winter wonderland dsp
retired dsp
corrugated paper
circle punches
tea lace paper doilies
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!