Monday, July 18, 2016

Birthday Window


Today is my sister's birthday and I wanted to do something a little different for her card.  I admit, sometimes I pull a birthday card out of the stash for family birthdays, but it usually depends on how busy life is at the moment.  This time I was able to take the time and make the card I wanted for her.

I decided to make a window using the ovals framelits and added some Fabulous Foil designer series paper behind it.  Then, I used some Stampin' dimensionals all the way around the oval and added some sequins from the June Paper Pumpkin kit inside.


Before I attached that piece to the card, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and embossed it with the Brick Wall folder.  Then I stamped the flower image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set, colored it in and used a sponge to highlight the bricks.  Then I added it to the Peekaboo Peach window layer.


I did a little more distressing and added some basic pearls before the card was completed.


Supplies:
Butterfly Basics, Rose Wonder
Crumb Cake ink
Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach card stock
Brick wall folder
sponge
basic pearls
ovals framelits
Fabulous Foil designer series acetate


post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!