Thursday, September 21, 2017

Circled Birthday


When I die cut things I usually make extras for use in later projects and that is what I did with the Happy Birthday die cut awhile ago when I cut out some in Crumb Cake card stock.  The card I shared with you before needed more contrast in color between the die cut and the background so I tried a brighter background on this one.

The circle behind the die cut is made with the Circles framelits and Melon Mambo card stock.  I embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots folder and then used glue dots to add the Happy Birthday.  To create the background, I took a piece of Fresh Fig card stock and stamped some images from the Cheers to the Years stamp set with Fresh Fig and Berry Burst ink.  You may notice that there are not full circle images in that stamp set, I kept the insides of the scribbled circle and circle with little lines to use for stamping when I put it together.
Cheers to the Year Wood-Mount Stamp Set


Supplies:
Cheers to the Years
Berry Burst, Fresh Fig ink
Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig card stock
Bermuda Bay mini chevron ribbon
Circles framelits
Happy Birthday thinlit
Perfect Polka dots folder



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!