Friday, May 27, 2011

Motorcyle birthday

I made this quick card for Mary Jo's sketch challenge this week.  The distressed paper is Whisper White card stock that I brayered with Daffodil Delight so that it looked uneven.  Then I went in from the edges toward the middle (but not all the way) with Peach Parfait.  Next, I used a sponge and added Chocolate Chip to the edges.  The final step was to add a little water to the paper.
While searching through ideas this week, I came across a technique where you use a foam applicator to apply the ink and I adjusted it to a brayer and sponges since I didn't have a foam applicator.  Apparently I didn't save the link, but will keep looking and update when I find it!


The water drops give it a neat effect.

Supplies:
Motorcycle, Happy for You stamp sets
Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock
Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait classic ink
dimensionals
Perfect Polka dots impressions folder
brayer
sponges


1 comment:

MJ said...

Great job on the distressing! Wonderful masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!