Friday, May 14, 2010

VC Rocks Blog Hop

I am so excited to be a part of the VC Rocks Blog Hop, it is a first for me :)  I just love this group - so many wonderful ideas and Fun, Fun, Fun!!

I decided to share a card that also includes a little gift - a bookmark.  Some of the colors that I used will be retiring (a couple that I will really miss!) as we move into our Color Renovation July 1st.

Tools:
Big Shot  113439
Two Tags Die    115954
Stampin' Up! Texturz Plate Perfect Details 115962
Standard Texturz Impressions Pad 114614
1 3/8 inch circle punch  104401
1 1/4 inch circle punch   104403
Word Window punch 105090
Modern Label punch 116630
Eyelet Border Punch 113692

Stamp Sets:
Greenhouse Garden  113824
Trendy Trees 113258

Classic Ink:
Barely Banana 101170
Pale Plum  102732
Mellow Moss  102774

Card stock:
Whisper White 100730  
1 - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch piece scored in the middle and folded
1 - 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece
and scraps

Mellow Moss  102898
1 - 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece
1 - 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inch piece (for bookmark)
and scraps
 
Barely Banana 102701
1 - 5 x 3 3/4 inch piece

Pale Plum  101658
1 - 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece
and scraps

Snail adhesive 104332
Whisper White taffeta ribbon 109070

1.  Take your piece of 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch pale plum and use the eyelet border punch along one edge.
2.  Using the same piece of pale plum, sandwich your cardstock in the Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz plate and run through.  Then, take the piece of Barely Banana and do the same.
3.  Next, cut the base of the bookmark with the Two Tags Die using the 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inch piece of Mellow Moss.
4.  On a scrap of Whisper White card stock, stamp a flower image and its accent from the Greenhouse Garden set using Barely Banana Classic ink as the flower base and Pale Plum classic ink as the accent.  Punch out using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch.  Next take a scrap of Pale Plum card stock and punch a circle using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch.  Layer with snail adhesive and set aside.
5.  Using another scrap of Whisper White card stock, stamp a sentiment from the Trendy Trees stamp set with Mellow Moss Classic ink.  Punch out using the word window punch.  Then, take a scrap of Mellow Moss card stock and punch an image using the Modern Label punch.  Layer with snail adhesive and set aside. 
6.  Using the largest accent image from the Greenhouse Garden stamp set and Mellow Moss classic ink, stamp images randomly on the bookmark you made with the Two Tags die.  Adhere the circles you set aside earlier using snail adhesive.  Then, take the Whisper White taffeta ribbon and tie a knot around the bookmark.
7.  Next, take your 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamp flower images and accents using the Greenhouse Garden stamp set and Mellow Moss, Barely Banana and Pale Plum classic inks.
8.  Adhere the 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 inch piece of Pale Plum cardstock to the top of the Whisper White cardstock you just stamped on.  Then, turn it over and place adhesive on three sides, leaving the top without so that the bookmark will be able to slide in behind it.  Attach to the bottom of the Barely Banana cardstock. 

9.  Attach the sentiment to the bottom right corner of the piece.  Then, layer the Barely Banana piece onto the 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of Mellow Moss card stock and finally onto the folded card base. 
10.  Last, place the bookmark in the pocket of the card.

This is another example before it has been attached to a card base.

I hope you enjoyed this project!  Next on the blog hop is Mimi to Jet .  If you would like to go back to the main page, go to the VC Rocks blog.  Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Ohh, I'm really liking this one. I love bookmarks and with a card? What more could you ask for. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love how you used the Two Tags die! Great cards!

Alexandria said...

I love this bookmark card! I'm going to be adding that die to my list now LOL. I love the color combo you used. I'm really going to miss Pale Plum and Barely Banana :(

Veronica said...

I love your bookmark card, too! Can't wait to try one myself! TFS

Loni said...

Well, add another doo-dad to my list of things to buy to go with my Big Shot.... great card and bookmark combo. Thx for participating in our first even Blog hop... and love the color combo of your blog too. Happy Hoppin!

Kimm BT said...

very soft and pretty... great tutorial to go with it!!

Brenda said...

Love your cards with the bookmark! Thanks for the idea to use the two tag die as a bookmark -- another great idea to wander around my brain and hopefully surface at some point in the future, lol. Thanks for sharing the great tutorial.

Mary said...

Love the card with a bookmark- great idea for all my reader friends.

Unknown said...

Love your blog - pink and brown, nice!! Love the bookmark card - nice to give a gift along with a card.

Anita said...

Beautiful card and great directions.

Marti said...

Great tutorial - nice work. I will be casing you.
Marti Crapo

Dee in N.H. said...

Great project! Love all your stuff!

Carey said...

I love your card and really like anything that uses my favorite accessory Mr. Big Shot. I will be doing a CASE on this card.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Patrice Herrera said...

What a great idea giving a book mark and a card in one gift! I'll have to try this one out. The directions are great too.

creations by jackie said...

I love your card and your idea of a book mark gift is cool. I love using my Big Shot so I may have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing

Lori said...

What a great idea for a bookmark!

Kimber said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the textures and the softness of this card

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!