Tuesday, May 23, 2017

More Graduation!

I think banners are about the hardest thing for me to photograph!  Especially if they are kind of large like these are...A customer asked me to make some banners for a family member's graduation this spring and gave me some ideas for colors and materials. 


These are the ones I came up with, each banner has the same background burlap, but the designs are a little different.


On the one below, I had to free hand the card stock layer that went over the burlap because I didn't have a die that would work to cut them out.


I added layers and textures to each banner piece as well as accessories and lots of different ribbon tied between all of the pieces.


I chose to use the Decorative Dots and Large Polka Dots embossing folders, the Top note die, circles framelits, Stitched Shapes framelits and some retired alphabet dies.


Lots of buttons, pearls, doilies, etc...


I attached the card stock to the burlap with Velcro because I knew it would be strong and that way the banner pieces could maybe be recycled as well.





This photo shows the textures a little better...


I always have fun putting together projects for customers like this or even things totally different!


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!