Friday, June 14, 2013

Just a Little Chalk Talk

 
Sometimes as much as I love a stamp set, I have a hard time figuring out what to do with it on a card.  This stamp from Chalk Talk is one that has been a struggle so far.
 
 
On one card, I stamped it with Basic Black ink and the other with Pacific Point after I stamped off on my scrap paper to lighten it.

 
Each one has some Quatrefancy specialty paper, hung up cute clips and a button with baker's twine.  For the one above, I used a strip of Primrose Petals and added some Gingham Garden washi tape behind the sentiment.

 
On the last one, I had a strip of Basic Black that had been embossed with the Honeycomb folder and used that as my accent piece behind the sentiment.
 
I can't wait to see more samples with this one!

5 comments:

Donna Matoi said...

I'm curious how your design stands out without the white around the whole design. When I stamp off I still get the white. Thanks for any info.

Kris Sobolik said...

Donna, I cut around the design instead of using the framelits so there isn't a white edge on the image.

Donna Matoi said...

Ok, I got that, but for example between the top left corner flower and the word "just" there is no white. No matter if I stamp off first there still is white. So do you wipe off the white before stamping? Tanks for explaining! And I forgot to say, cute card!

Donna Matoi said...

Ok, never mind, I guess I had a lapse. Of memory for a short while! You used whisper white paper and the different color inks! Duh! Thanks for your help!

Kris Sobolik said...

Sorry, I guess I was confused as to what you meant :) Glad it is clear now!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!