Saturday, June 8, 2013

Teacher Gift Revisited (with box tutorial)

 
I have had some requests for instructions to make the box I used for my teacher gift in this post awhile back so I decided to update it with new catalog products and share some instructions. 
 
 
I decided to go with the I Am Me designer series paper and the Yippee-Skippee stamp set for the updated version.  I also used the cycle Celebration stamp set and the Deco Labels collection framelits.

 
You will need a 12" x 10" piece of card stock.  It will be scored at 2" and 8" on the short side and 3", 4", 5", 6" and 7" on the long side.  You will see in the picture above where to cut and where you will just fold.

 
I made two sections on the inside of the box by folding up 5" score line and using sticky strip to keep it together.

 
I used the sticky strip all the way across and then cut the notches as shown above.  Attach the folded flap to the side with sticky strip and then continue to use sticky strip to put the sides together.


 
This is the inside of the box showing the divider.

 
Ready to decorate!

 
My dsp pieces were 2 3/4" x 5 3/4", 4 3/4" x 5 3/4", and 2 - 1 3/4" x 4 3/4" with a 1" 5 3/4" strip over the top of the one on the front.

 
I found some fun straws and Michaels that were a pretty close match to Calypso Coral and added them to a 1" x 8" cello bag.  There is a drink mix pouch in the box near the straws although you can't see it.
 
 
There are a couple cards in the box as well as a coaster sticky note pad.  I will share the cards with you tomorrow!  My original box included a decorated candy bar, but we didn't have one around the house this time.

 
Supplies:
Yippee-Skippee
I am Me dsp
Calypso Coral ink
So Saffron, Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock
Deco labels collection framelits
Simply Scored tool
Sticky strip
Bone folder
In color Boutique Details
 
 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!