Monday, August 17, 2015

Watercolor Samples and A Taste of Harvest


 
Well, I ended up missing one day so far, but hopefully I can find time to keep the posts going for now (at least until we start potato harvest!).  Today I have some of the cards I made with the Watercolor Wishes card kit to share with you.  I will share some more in a few days as well.
 

 
Instead of making all the cards just like the directions I ended up cutting up some of the card bases into smaller pieces and adding them to different card bases (additional card stock). 

 
I chose to add some different washi tape to this one as well...

 
And some angled linen thread...

 
and some framelit pieces...

 
I have to say the stamp set in this kit has awesome fonts and sentiments.  It will be used long after the kit is gone for sure. 
 
Next up....Harvest Scenes :)  I took a few photos with my phone from my combine this fall and thought I would share them too. 

 
A little hard to see, but that is another combine in my mirror and my dad is in that one.

 
This was my view for 6 days...

 
And my husband in one of our trucks with some relatives in the background harvesting their own wheat...

 
One night there was some bad weather to the east of us and when I took the picture I didn't realize that this was the storm cloud, but on the way home it had lots of lightning flashes in it.  Through my dirty window it doesn't show the different colors in the cloud so well, but it was pink, yellow and white all in layers. 
 
I will have to remember to take some during potato harvest to show you in about a month too! 
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!