Saturday, August 29, 2015

August Paper Pumpkin Take 1


I am going to break up sharing the August Paper Pumpkin ideas into three parts.  Given that I will soon be harvesting potatoes and not able to find time to stamp, I should probably stretch that into about 4 parts, but I figured that was too many! 
 

 
The last few months, the first thing that happens when the Paper Pumpkin kit arrives is my daughter asks me if she can have it!  She is 9 1/2 and loves all things about paper crafting which is great.  I gave her one of each item this time to play with...soon I will probably just have to get another box for her :)

 
There were three precut, prescored boxes in the kit so after giving her one, I had two more to play with.  The first one (above) I made mostly like the sample.  You can probably see on the close up that I stamped the "for you" more than once - I used the yellow chalk box ink and white craft so it is kind of shadowed and stands out a little bit.

 
For the second box, I went to the paper cutter before doing anything else and cut off the top and flaps of the box.  Some of those pieces end up on other projects you will see later.  Then, I made a piece out of Very Vanilla card stock that slides over the box to close it.

 
I added a piece of Winter Wonderland designer vellum and the banner piece and sentiment tag.  On these two boxes, I only used the stamps that came with the kit but you will find in the next two segments that I added a few others into the mix.



post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!