Thursday, August 27, 2015

First Day Arrows

 
Yesterday was the first day of school for my kids.  There was some grumbling about going back, but truthfully I think they were ready.  

 
I found some wooden arrows while shopping at Target the week before and decided to make some fun signs for the first day pictures.

 
Each one has designer series paper that is attached with mod podge.  Since the arrows were more than 12", there is a splice in the paper where the straight part meets the triangle of the arrow.  To cover it up, I used ribbon...

 
The "Grade" and number are attached to the arrow with Velcro so that I can either use them another year and change the numbers or just decorate them completely different and use them for something else...

 
My letters were cut out with the Big Shot using the retired Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies. 

 
The numbers are placed on 2" circles and that piece is added to a 2 1/2" circle.

 
Although it is difficult to see, I have found a tip for anyone who is using the Fine-tip glue pen that will be found in the Holiday catalog.  Don't use it for ribbon or it will show through...Now, I can't say that I don't like the glue - it is great for sequins and other embellishments, but just not ribbon (although it may possibly work well for the thicker ribbons, I haven't tried those).
 
 
Supplies:
Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay card stock
Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies
2" circle punch
2 1/2" circle punch
Schoolhouse dsp
Best Year Ever dsp (SAB 2015)
Bohemian dsp
mod podge
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!