Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Joy Burlap Canvas


 
Although it is a little early to be thinking about Christmas, I like to make a few projects early that I can either give as gifts or use as ideas for classes.  This summer I had run across some burlap wrapped canvases in craft stores (and I found some fun denim ones as well) that I decided I wanted to play with. 
 

 
As I looked through the Holiday catalog I decided I wanted to use some of the Home for Christmas designer series paper on one of the canvases, specifically the Silent Night musical design.  From there I added elements from the Hello December 2015 Project Life card collection and accessory kit and several other elements.

 
I wrapped some 1" Tip Top Taupe dotted lace trim, silver baker's twine and Cherry Cobbler baker's twine around some card stock that was covered with adhesive to create some flowers and swirls.  Then I added elements to decorate them like basic rhinestones, metal rimmed pearls and Winter wonderland snowflake embellishments.

 
I threw in some corrugated paper, distressed my paper with ink pads directly on the designer paper and Project Life card and also added ink to the Lucky Stars embossing folder and used it as a stamp on my paper.

 
Rolled a couple corners...

 
added some buttons...

 
And came up with this....
 
Here is a video about the new Hello December 2015 Project Life kit as well!
 
Hope you like it! 
 
Supplies:
Jolly Christmas
Mossy Meadow, Sahara Sand, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Sky ink
Soft Sky, Cherry Cobber and Very Vanilla card stock
Hello December 2015 Project Life card collection and accessory kit
Home for Christmas dsp
Corrugated paper
Triple banner punch
Cherry Cobbler thick baker's twine
linen thread
Venetian crochet trim ribbon
Silver baker's twine
Neutrals designer buttons
basic rhinestones
Metal rimmed pearls
Winter Wonderland snowflake embellishments
Winter wonderland designer vellum stack
burlap canvas
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!