Thursday, March 6, 2014

PBS Family Literacy Night

On Tuesday, my two youngest kids had a PBS Family Literacy Night and they showed off their boards that they made about a book they had read. 
 
Of course we had to use some Stampin' Up! products to create the boards so I thought I would share them today :) 
 
 
Wyatt's book was the 13th one in the Conspiracy 365 series (I wish I could find more books like this - both my boys LOVED this series and  have a tough time finding books for them they will read).

 
He used the retired Serif Essentials alphabet dies for his lettering and stamped randomly with Craft White, Metallic Gold and Metallic Silver ink using the Clockworks, Off the Grid and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets.

 
The cover of his book was an explosion with the main character running away so he drew a building on some chipboard and covered it with splotches of fingernail polish.  Of course it is covered with Basic Black card stock and he used Smoky Slate for the lettering and some Pumpkin Pie for behind the building.

 
And his board on display...

 
And on to Maddie's board about Charlie the Ranch Dog...
 
 
My Digital Studio played a large part in this board...the cloud background in the middle and the book information on the sides.

 
Lots of Stampin' Up! cardstock on this one as well and we also used some Early Espresso Co'ordinations card stock for the "field"!  The crops are cut using the Autumn Accents die and Little Leaves Sizzlits.

 
See those paw prints?  Yep, Undefined!  We carved a footprint to make it look like Charlie had walked around on her board :)

 
 
The teachers did a great job with the decorations and we even walked into Clifford's doghouse as we walked into the school.

 
Another little doghouse for a photo op!  I didn't get any pictures of Clifford (yep, he was there!) but they had a great time! 

 
Maddie standing proudly by her creation!
 
There were lots of activities for the kids when they were not at their boards - tattoos, stickers, balloons, coloring pages, book writing opportunities, picking a free book, etc.  At the end, they gave away 8 bikes and Wyatt happened to be a lucky winner! 
 

post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!