Friday, September 16, 2016

Christmas Memory Tray


I always love playing with this type of decoration, trying to tie in different ideas in all the different slots of the memory tray.  In the last few weeks I have put together a couple different ones with different themes and while I will show them all to you eventually, I thought I would share the Christmas themed one first.


The wooden tray is 12" x 12" and while this one happens to be white, I also have some black ones to play with :)  I started by choosing one of the designer series paper packs that Stampin' Up! has available in a Christmas theme and the one I chose is called This Christmas specialty paper. 


Next, I picked the stamp sets - Wonder of Christmas and Star of Light...


I definitely had a good time playing with embellishments on this project, some retired and some current, but all of them are Stampin' Up! products.


Although Crumb Cake is not a color in the This Christmas specialty paper collection, I decided to add that to my color scheme.


For the ink colors, I stayed with the same ones as in the paper - Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Garden Green except for coloring in the angel where I added a few other colors.


My favorite pattern of the paper collection is the music sheets, I have always been drawn to that and decided to highlight it a couple of different ways - with some Fabulous Foil designer acetate over the top in one slot and as a large background in another.


If you happen to be able to go to the Fall Scrapbooking retreat at Park River Bible Camp in November, this is a project that I am teaching a class on and you will have a few different themes to choose from :) 

Supplies:
Wonder of Christmas, Star of Light
Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Garden Green, Soft Sky Crumb Cake ink
Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla card stock
This Christmas specialty paper
Fabulous Foil designer acetate
Starlight thinlits
Ovals collection framelits
lace trim
gold sequin trim
mini jingle bells
metallic enamel shapes
gold designer buttons



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!