Saturday, August 13, 2011

VC Rocks Blog Hop

Welcome to the VC Rocks Blog Hop - Punches Galore! You have probably come from Carolyn Sharkas's blog, if at any time you wish to go back to the list of blogs, you can find it at VC Rocks  .  This will be the last blog hop of the year and I know
you will love the projects!

I have a couple different projects to show you, the first  uses the extra large oval, large oval and scallop oval punches.  The background is double embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper impressions folder and black embossing powder (the base on the first card is Crumb Cake and on the
second card it is Very Vanilla).

The Designer Frames impressions folder works great with the extra large oval punch making a perfect frame for the punched piece.  Behind the image in the oval, I have used the faux mother of pearl technique which doesn't stand out in the picture.


This is just another version of the same card.


and a closer look...


My next project is a fancy favor box with a handle made using our new lace ribbon border punch.  There are also 3 punched items hanging on some linen thread around the ribbon.  These were stamped with stazon on poly shrink plastic and then heated so they shrunk down to a much smaller size.


I used the scallop circle and decorative label punches for those and made a hole in them with the crop-o-dile before I heated the plastic.


Using the Fabulous Phrases stamp set, I stamped "heartfelt" and "thanks" on two of the pieces of plastic and the flower image from Charming on the third.  The border around the words is from the Four Frames stamp set.


I hope you enjoyed these projects, it has been so much fun to be a part of VC Rocks again this year, I look forward to next year  :) 

Thanks for stopping by!!
Now, you can move on to Heidi Sorg's blog



25 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Love the background and card! Note to self... must revisit that technique, LOL. Great photos of your projects too, love the details!

Krafting Karen said...

Love them both. The ribbon punch handle really works well.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh Kris, your projects are stunning! The blue and white favor box especially delights me. . . .

A Touch of SOL said...

Gorgeous Card...Love the handle...

Carey said...

Everything is just super special. Thanks for the fun.

Carey and Roscoe

Elizabeth said...

All of your projects are so elegant! Tfs.

Chris O said...

Lovely ideas...that black and white card is simply gorgeous, and the use of the lace ribbon handle is just the right touch!

Brandy said...

Shrinky Dink rocks! Love the cards too!

creations by jackie said...

Gorgeous projects and I adored the basket!

Jane Hignite said...

Fabulous!

inkedx2 said...

That card is gorgeous! Love the basket. Need to get some of that plastic and give this a try.

Robbie

Nichole Loe said...

Kris,
I love both of your projects. My favorite item is the shrinky dink charms!! They are so beautiful!

Debbie Martin said...

I love your shrinky dink charms, I'll have to try this.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I'm a shrink plastic fan, too. Love the charms and the card

Beth Harple said...

Love both projects, I the double embossing and the handle. Thanks for sharing.

Stamper Shirley said...

Kris, your cards look so beautiful - love the background technique! I used to love doing shrink art when my girls were little and I still have some paper left from when SU sold it so I will get busy and make some trinkets for my granddaughters. Thanx for sharing, Hugs, Sassy

Tory said...

Loved your projects. That black and white card is gorgeous, and the shrinky dinks are too fun!

Janice said...

Love them both, but the fancy favor box is my fav, I love the colors and how the handle looks. Great!

Alicia said...

Fabulous!! TFS

Anonymous said...

oh my I love them all, but the black and white, they are the best...thanks for hopping

Elaine Wright said...

These are all amazing projects! I love them all. The background on the cards looks great and I love the way you used the new embossing frames, I needed an idea for them. Thanks!

I also love the shrink art, I should do some of that again. I haven't done it in a while and it looks great so why not???

Cynthia Ferenz said...

The cards are stunning and the basket is pretty. TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Kym said...

Beautiful projects. I love black and white, so classy. The shrink plastic tags are a fabulous idea!!

Thanks for sharing.

Kym

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Love your projects and the shrink art punched tags are adorable. thanks so much for sharing.

Brenda said...

Super projects. Your box is adorable.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!