Friday, August 5, 2011

CCMC161 and TSSC185




I am doing a little multitasking today with the card I am sharing with you.  I combined Mary Jo's sketch with the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge.


I used the Creative Elements stamp set and on the background I colored the images in with Daffodil Delight and Old Olive. 



The ribbon is the retired pom pom trim ribbon in Daffodil Delight and I layered it on top of Basic Black and Old Olive card stock that I punched with the eyelet border punch.

The flower I stamped 3 times with Basic Black ink on Whisper White card stock and then used a sponge to add color and cut out the layers, adhering them with dimensionals.


Supplies:
Creative elements stamp set
Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Old Olive card stock and inks
Whisper White card stock
pom pom trim ribbon - Daffodil Delight
Vintage wallpaper impressions folder
dimensionals
basic rhinestones
eyelet border punch

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! This set is on my wish list! :D

Deb said...

Wow!!! This is gorgeous! I love it!! I love how you gave the flower dimension! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Tammy Fite said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous! I love the color combo--it works perfectly with this card!!!

Leigh said...

Oh wow, love this card and the stamp set.

Jean McKenzie said...

This is so pretty! Love that stamp set - can't wait to own it!

Debbie Henderson said...

Your background is soft and subtle yet bright & cheery at the same time. Great accent with the pompoms. Thanks for paying with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

MJ said...

Beautifully done! I love what you did with this set. Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

I really like this! The choice of stamps really helps to "drab" down the colors and make them less shocking. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

I love the background you created with this set and the flower is gorgeous! The black on yellow really gives it incredible dimension! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...this is STUNNING!!! LOVE the flower and how you created the background with the stamp - WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

GORGEOUS...you just made me change my mind about getting that stamp set! Great job with the color challenge...thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!