Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Shadow Box gift

After I finished the Shadow box I made for the UStamp with Dawn and Friends Worldwide Showcase blog hop, I decided to make another one for my niece that is getting married in July.  This one was also a shower present and I used their engagement picture too.


I always have trouble taking pictures of the projects that have glass on them so hopefully the following ones help you get a better idea of how it looked...



I used shimmer paper for the rose and embossed it with clear embossing powder over Early Espresso ink and versamark.  Then I added water and reinkers, but wasn't completely satisfied with the color so after it dried I added some sponging.



Their colors are Turquoise and Chocolate so I tried to go with that theme, it doesn't show up well, but on the right side I stamped the roses again and then used a sponge dauber to add some color with Champage Mist shimmer paint. 
The grid pattern paper is actually some of the Love Letter designer series paper that I brayered Tempting Turquoise over.


The butterfiles also have some Champagne Mist shimmer paint and Early Espresso ink added to them as well as those awesome little pearls.

The stamp sets I used were Elements of Style and Manhattan flower and the Designer papers were Love Letter and Newsprint.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!