Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Botanical Gazette layout

I was experimenting with a couple things on this layout.  There was an unusable CD in a package that I had saved and decided to play with it on a page.  It is stamped with Stazon ink (black) and then I cut a piece of DSP to fit on the back.  I didn't know how to attach it so that the adhesive wouldn't show so I made 6 holes with my cropodile and added vintage brads to hold it together.



My next experiment was with poly shrink plastic, I have had this around for probably a year and have not used it yet so I thought it was time.  I stamped the bird cage with Stazon ink, cut it out, punched a hole in the top and heated it up.  It is hanging on linen thread.



I also sewed the Victoria crochet trim ribbon to some Pear Pizzazz seam binding using the linen thread and then scrunched it up a little and stuck it on with sticky strip. 

Supplies:
Nature Walk stamp set
Botanical Gazette DSP
Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz card stock
Early Espresso classic and Black Stazon ink
vintage trinkets
Pear Pizzazz seam binding
Victoria crochet trim ribbon
linen thread
sticky strip
hearts and brackets die
top note die
First Edition DSP
cropodile
Neutrals buttons
curly label punch

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!