Thursday, August 25, 2016

First Day!


Summer vacation is officially over for my kids, today is the first day of school.  Last year I found these arrows at a craft store and altered them with designer series paper and letters/numbers.  You can see that post here...This year, I took the same arrows and altered the other side.



When I put them together last year I added the "grade" and number layers with Velcro so I could remove them and change things and I may do that another year, but I just decided to use different paper and colors this year.  A couple of the "grade" pieces are the same as last year that I just took off the other side.


For Hunter, I used the Halloween night specialty paper in the background (a sneak peek item from the Holiday catalog) because I liked the brick design.  The number on this and the other arrows is die cut using the Large Numbers framelits.


For Wyatt, I chose the apples from the Fruit stand collection of designer series paper and his letters are cut from the Large Letters framelits, this is the one that is different from last year because on the other side of this arrow I had used Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White card stock.


There is a little bit of burlap ribbon where I had a seam of designer series paper since the arrows are longer than 12 inches.


Lastly, Maddie's is done with Blooms and Bliss designer series paper and some ruched ribbon. 


I will probably share some photos with the kids holding these another day but thought I would share the concept now.


Supplies:
Blooms and Bliss, Halloween Nigh specialty, Fruit Stand designer series paper
Large Numbers and Large Letters framelits
Circles framelits
2 1/2" circle punch
Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies
Mod Podge
Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Basic Black, Emerald Envy, Tip Top Taupe, Pool Party card stock
5/8" Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon
burlap ribbon
Wooden arrows

PP_BOGO_FB-Thumbnail




post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!