Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Card Playing Fun


The kids received a few new card games for Christmas and it never fails that the cardboard box they come in gets ripped and won't hold the cards anymore... Awhile ago I found a little wooden card box at a craft store and altered it for a Phase 10 card game so the kids wanted me to do the same for the new games.


Finding the boxes was probably slightly more difficult than altering them, it was a little difficult to find the right size since they didn't have the one I had purchased before.  We found a couple that worked ok though and here is what we came up with...


The Farkle Flip box uses Fruit Stand designer series paper and some of the paper from the December Paper Pumpkin kit.  I just matted those designer papers on card stock and added them to the box with tear and tape adhesive.  There is some ribbon around the top - 3/8" metallic ribbon from the Sale-a-bration catalog - and a couple buttons to hide the ends of the ribbon. 

Each title is stamped with retired alphabet stamps and popped up on the top of the box.


The Uno box - and yes we had Uno in the house before last Christmas but the cards lost their box along the way...


I used the Urban Underground specialty paper for both the Uno and Uno Dare boxes as well as the same 3/8" metallic ribbon around the top.


The long box works well for a game with lots of cards - you can put two piles on the inside instead of one.


Supplies:
Alphabet stamps
Basic Black, Crushed Curry ink
Smoky Slate, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black card stock
Fruit Stand, Urban Underground dsp
December 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit
buttons
3/8" metallic ribbon (SAB 2017)
tear and tape adhesive
wooden boxes

post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!