Monday, July 20, 2015

Decorative Jar

 
This little jar called to me one day when I was walking through a craft store :)  I decided to decorate it using the Butterfly Basics, Summer Silhouettes and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets and some white Corrugated paper.  

 
The jar had rectangular framelike spots on each of four sides that I added panels to and behind those is a layer of white jute ribbon.

 
Each panel is decorated differently but has a piece of white corrugated paper behind it.


There are two panels that are Lost Lagoon in color and two that are Tip Top Taupe...

 
I used the butterfly punches a few time as accents and some of the thick baker's twine from Sale-a-bration...

 
This one has some 1" dotted lace trim that was cut down to narrower pieces...

 
I put some ribbon inside for picture taking purposes, but would probably fill it with candy or cookies or button or something fun for a door prize or gift...

 
On the top I cut out more white corrugated paper and a Tip Top Taupe piece that were cut from the circles framelits and added some stamps and accents. 

 
Underneath the top circle, I wrapped some 1" dotted lace ribbon and thick baker's twine around the corrugated paper and tied it with some linen thread...
 
Supplies:
Butterfly Basics, Gorgeous Grunge, Summer Silhouettes
Lost Lagoon, Tip Top Taupe card stock
White corrugated paper
Tip Top Taupe, Lost Lagoon ink
linen thread
butterfly punches
white jute ribbon
1" dotted lace trim
baker's twine
designer buttons
circles framelits
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!